- Methodist Hospitals Northlake Campus
- St Vincent Mercy Hospital
- St Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael T Thieken has 2 locations
Dr. Michael T Thieken has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Michael T Thieken has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael T Thieken Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Michael T Thieken
Dr. Michael Thieken graduated magna cum laude from DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana in 1997. In 1999, he received his masterâ€™s degree from Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana. Dr. Thieken received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine in 2002. He completed his surgical internship in 2003 and his orthopedic surgery residency in 2007 from Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, Fort Wayne, Indiana. In 2008, Dr. Thieken completed an arthroscopy and sports medicine fellowship at New Mexico Orthopaedics in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dr. Thieken has been a member of medical teams, taking care of a number of athletic teams at the high school, college and professional level. He is currently the orthopedic consultant for DePauw University and Hamilton Heights High School Athletic teams. He also participates in the care of the Indianapolis Indians and the Indiana Fever. Dr. Thieken is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.