Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael D Thorpe MD
Dr. Michael D Thorpe has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael D Thorpe has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 8
Great family doctor, easy to talk to, and listens to you, takes the time to listen to you
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Thorpe - Posted on September 19th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Thorpe - Posted on July 31st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Thorpe - Posted on May 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Thorpe - Posted on April 22nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael D Thorpe - Posted on November 29th, 2010
40 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Stanislaus Medical Center
Dr. Michael D Thorpe Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWHIDBEY MEDICAL CLINIC, 231 SE Barrington Dr Ste 209, Oak Harbor, WA
Dr. Michael D Thorpe is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oak Harbor, WA.