Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Torkelson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael R Torkelson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Michael R Torkelson has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Michael R Torkelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I am a relatively healthy patient, take care of myself, but I still feel that I need to go the the physician yearly for an annual physicial exam to get blood work, etc. Dr. Torkelson was not really very interested in my family history, he would rather talk about himself and his adventures. I don't want/need a physician to be chatty. I want someone to be thorough, efficient, senstive and knowledgeable. He is loud and you can hear the conversations that he is having with other patients throughout the entire clinic- this is not good entertainment while waiting. Overall, I guess what do you expect to find in Paw Paw, WV??? Seriously
dr.michael torkelson does have a brain but depends on certain staff to do most of his job for him he is not good at listening to patients rather talk about himself 3/4 of the patients visit he has had to be reminded by staff to take care of issues with patients staff errors noted very poor bedside manner he thinks he is god and that he is right about everything doesnt d o a good followup or regular labs doesnt want to hear the patients ideas on their own health issues predjudice noted he is god and everyone is to bow to him and accept what he says a very loud man no consideration for privacy doesnt admit he is wrong changes subject and tells stories of his life and problems and has no compassion
26 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Michael R Torkelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Torkelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bluffton, SC.