Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Towler has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Michael A Towler has the following 3 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Colorectal Surgery
Dr. Michael A Towler has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael A Towler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
What an awful man. I have never had a healthcare provider be so openly rude to me. Appeared very narcissistic and downright rude. Appearance isn't everything, but it does play an important role in forming opinions and this man's scrubs appeared and smelt as though they had been worn for a week straight. Save yourself time and see any other doctor in that office. The only upside was the nice ladies in the office.
After being asked to make sure I was at the appointment 15 minutes early (I was), I was left to wait, along with so many people in the waiting room there were no seats left, for 2 hours! I finally asked (1 1/2 hours in) what the hold up was only to be told, "They are surgeons"! At 4:55 I was called back. Dr. Towler came in and cut me off at every question I tried to ask, then just left the room to put an order in - never saw him again, nurse appeared to show me to the front. I immediately called my personal physician to get another referral - not going to be treated like I'm inferior!
This Dr was called in for a consult from an ER doctor. My mom was having gall bladder pain. He came to the hospital in no time flat and stayed with her, pushing for them to do tests that they were reluctant to do. His persistence diagnosed a severely infected gallbladder that would have led to sepsis and some serious problems. Kudos to this guy, and I will never forget what priority he made my mom when other doctors were willing to dose her up with pain meds and take a "wait and see" approach. He did her surgery, which was complicated due to the advanced amount of inflammation, pus, and swelling. He did an AMAZING job. I feel like he saved her life. If this is your surgeon, you are in amazing hands.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Michael A Towler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Surgical Associates, 3 Saint Francis Dr Ste 360, Greenville, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Towler in this video.
Dr. Michael A Towler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.