Dr. Michael Turk Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Michael Turk?

Highly Unprofessional Psychiatrist

Posted on January 16th, 2017

Dr. Turk is the most unprofessional psychiatrist, and really any MD, I have ever received services from. He has a quick temper and becomes easily frustrated if you don't answer his questions exactly as he wants you to. He would become very defensive if I had any issues with the medications he prescribed (or if I found them to be ineffective) and would often blame me for my lack improvement rather than taking responsibility himself. Overall, I got the sense that he did not trust me or understand what I was going through, nor did he seem to care all that much about my well-being. It also became clear to me that Dr. Turk has significant mental/emotional issues of his own and until he finds a way to treat himself, he should not be treating patients.

Be careful with this doc

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

I came to this site after a recent experience with this doctor which concerned me. After reading the reviews, I am even more concerned. We experienced negative behaviors similar to the ones below in early 2013. This was our third appointment and on all three occasions he failed to help me understand the treatment of my son for depression. He acted as if I was questioning his approach and I clearly stated that I just needed to understand the general procedure. On the first two appointments, he was vague and a bit evasive. But we blindly did what he asked. On the third appointment, he once again refused to answer my questions...stating that he needed to end this appointment. This sends up a big red flag. Please be careful.

Excellent Physician

Posted on August 28th, 2015

Dr. Turk is an excellent physician and was helpful to me.

Worst Psychiatrist Ever!

Posted on March 25th, 2013

Dr. Turk is by far one of the worst psychiatrists on the planet! He double booked me several times, made me wait over 45min, and twice he didn't even showing up for his scheduled appointment with me. But not only does Dr. Turk show no care in the world about wasting your time, he also is not available in emergency situations and if you call him and leave him a message to cancel your appointment he never gets back to you about rescheduling. I called him three times over a two week span trying to get my appointment rescheduled and he never got back to me. When I finally did hear back from him, which was only because my therapist called him and told him it was an emergency he couldn't be bothered to squeeze me in right away. Then when I call him yet again begging for an appointment because I need medication he agrees to squeeze me in. As I'm driving to this appointment he calls me and tells me he just cant fit me in after all but will give me a few minutes on the phone. I start to tell him I'm having this side effect from one of my med's so I stopped taking it and he becomes furious and tells me their is no way I could be having this side effect as I had been taking the medicine for a long time. Then he has the nerve to tell me I'm not good at communicating and he will no longer treat me! Like excuse me, you're the one that never answers my calls and barely gives me the time of day! If I could have gotten a word in edge wise at the end of that phone call I would have said to him that he is completely unprofessional and a pompous, arrogant, useless, jerk who doesn't give a crap about his patients and if anything made my mental health worse and not better. If he were the last psychiatrist on Earth I wouldn't even recommend seeing him. He should work somewhere where he has little human contact!

Soft-spoken, good listener, helpful, thumbs up

Posted on March 19th, 2013

Soft-spoken and courteous, listens well and has accurate insights and, to my knowledge, diagnoses. Good at cutting to the chase. Medication prescribed has been helpful and appropriate. Helpful when it comes to insurance issues. Sometimes runs behind schedule, but lets you know so you're not left wondering. Spends adequate time with you during your appointment. Easily reachable. I would recommend Dr. Turk.

doctor needs a doctor

Posted on March 1st, 2013

Dr. Turk asked me how I was feeling. When I told him,"let me explain". He jumped out of his chair and began to pace. I asked him again he then began to jump up and down. I said to him,"Oh!, your having a temper tantrum!. He said this session is over!. He wrote my scripts and handed them to me. When tried to explain myself again he screamed, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!!" with his index finger pointing at the door. I told him that I will not be seeing him again. He yelled GOOD!!!". This is no way a doctor should act.

Dont waste your money

Posted on July 22nd, 2012

This doctor just wants you moneyNobody gets well from this doctorseek help somewhere else

Do not see Dr. Turk

Posted on June 6th, 2012

Dr. Turk traumatized me to the degree that I now have flashbacks about our last meeting. He is rude and mean. He does not listen. He has been hostile to me. He is highly intelligent, but has absolutely no bedside manner. Finally, the diagnosis he gave me has now been disproved by two other doctors. DO NOT see him unless you are desperate for meds and don't need someone who is kind or caring at all.

Worth the wait.

Posted on October 18th, 2011

I was told initially that Dr. Turk was not taking any new patients. I left a message anyway...waited patiently and was able to get in to see him at the recommendation of my therapist. SO happy with him. Dr. Turk offers alternate perspectives to my issues while validating my feelings and perspectives. His natural calm is refreshing. He is helping me with relational issues, alcohol issues and depression. He discussed with me various medications that might help me and together we chose which medication would be right for me. How awesome is that?! I felt like I had a more active role in my treatment, instead of someone just telling me what I needed. Yes, he double booked me a couple of times. I really don't care. He's that good. I'll wait. I'll rebook.

Needs a Dr - Himself

Posted on September 11th, 2011

Interrupts all the time. In it for the money. Gives you a multiple choice list of medications for you to pick to go on. I left session with a MD degree, Yippee for me!

Sucks

Posted on September 5th, 2011

Worst psycho Dr. Ignorant!

A shockingly psychiatrist

Posted on March 28th, 2011

Dr. Turk simply does not listen. He interrupted me numerous times when I tried to explain my situation and kept forgetting key information about my medical history. He didn't write anything down and the following appointment, he forgot the dose of the medication that he had prescribed for me. After having such a wonderful psychiatrist prior to moving here, I was really taken aback by how awful Dr. Turk was.