Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael C Ullery has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael C Ullery has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Failure
Dr. Michael C Ullery is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been seeing Dr U for several years. Up until last week I really respected and trusted him. No more. He almost caost me my life. He was on vacation last week. I had tests run and I had to take a medicine that made me urinate a lot. I was also supposed to limit my liquid intake to 40oz a day. REALLY???? I ended up in the ER severely dehydrated. My blood pressure was extremely low and I could barely stand up. I talked to the nurse 3 times that week. Making sure each time that it was 40oz. Each time she said yes. I couldn't pee, was on Lasix and 40oz of liquid a day. I will NEVER set foot in his office ever again. The nurses assistant even questioned the amount of liquid. I don't trust drs now. So sad. Just be careful if you wanna see him.
I've seen Dr. Ullery since 1990 (we were both so young then!) I didn't have a doctor at the time I was admitted to the hospital. He asked me if he could be my doctor. I felt safe at last. I was very, very ill back then--on the verge of death. He was so smart and so compassionate through it alI--I will never forget. He was absolutely instrumental in my recovery. I moved away from Sacramento some years ago, but traveled to appointments with him because he was so great. I do have another more conveniently located doctor these days, but if I needed him, Dr. Ullery would see me in a second! I still feel safe knowing that. He is truly my doctor for life.
Dr. Ullery assistance, Todd, is very rude and unprofessional staff member there I've ever encounter. I never experience where the assistance would not want to communicate to the doctor, rude to the patient, and lack of compassion. He should be fired from his job and never to work in the health care industry because that is where compassion and caring for patient's well being is needed most.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Michael C Ullery accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSacramento Heart And Vascular, 500 University Ave, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Michael C Ullery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.