Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael F Vaezi
Dr. Michael F Vaezi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vaezi is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Dr. Vaezi has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael F Vaezi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael F Vaezi has the following 19 expertise
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Laryngeal Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Barrett Esophagus
- Esophageal Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Duodenogastric Reflux
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Michael F Vaezi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Vaezi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt Medical Center, 2220 Pierce Ave, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael F Vaezi in this video.
Dr. Michael F Vaezi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.