Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Valantas has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 13
Despite the fact that my wife was in severe abdominal pain and had been referred by the emergency room, it took a week and a half to get an appointment. Okay, fine. Then, after doing tests, it took another week to get a diagnosis. Okay, lab work is slow, I get it. During this time, my wife was in pain, varying from tolerable to severe. Once the diagnosis was in, she again was struck by severe pain, so she called the office, asking if there was anything they could prescribe to help...and...no. Dr. Valantas does not *EVER* prescribe pain meds for his patients. "Go to the ER," was the best his office would suggest. That's completely a completely unacceptable level of, ahem, "care." He may be fine as a diagnostician, but given his "screw you" policy if you're in pain...I'd highly recommend someone else. Anyone else.
Our experience with Dr. Valantas was quite different than the prior review. We waited about two weeks for appointment but during that time we were informed of tests etc by a nurse. The nurse was quite helpful and very sympathetic to our concerns. Dr. Valantas entered the room a few minutes early and was with us for over an hour. After talking with us for a bit, he shared from his past related to our issues without divulging anyone's medical history. He appeared knowledgable and was quite helpful in understanding the condition, the circumstances, the treatment and what the follow-up steps would be. He shared pertinent information and, after apologizing for being blunt, informed us on what to expect and what to do. I especially liked the fact that he mentioned God has a hand in what is happening and what the outcome will be. We both thought he was just great!
Dr. Valantas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Temple University Health System
Dr. Michael R Valantas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates, 2841 Debarr Rd Ste 50, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Valantas in this video.
Dr. Michael R Valantas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.