Dr. Michael Valantas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Valantas?

Great Physician

Posted on December 9th, 2017

I've gone to Dr Valantas for several years and always have received great care. He makes sure all my questions are answered before I leave. The staff I've encountered there have been courteous and professional .

Posted on September 26th, 2016

Very compassionate and a good listener.

Posted on December 18th, 2015

Despite the fact that my wife was in severe abdominal pain and had been referred by the emergency room, it took a week and a half to get an appointment. Okay, fine. Then, after doing tests, it took another week to get a diagnosis. Okay, lab work is slow, I get it. During this time, my wife was in pain, varying from tolerable to severe. Once the diagnosis was in, she again was struck by severe pain, so she called the office, asking if there was anything they could prescribe to help...and...no. Dr. Valantas does not *EVER* prescribe pain meds for his patients. "Go to the ER," was the best his office would suggest. That's completely a completely unacceptable level of, ahem, "care." He may be fine as a diagnostician, but given his "screw you" policy if you're in pain...I'd highly recommend someone else. Anyone else.

Awesome

Posted on October 23rd, 2014

Dr. Valantas is knowledgable, easy to talk with, and compassionate. I hadn't seen him in over two years and he remembered everything. He put all my fears to rest and he is absolutely five stars.

Liver damage

Posted on June 10th, 2014

Our experience with Dr. Valantas was quite different than the prior review. We waited about two weeks for appointment but during that time we were informed of tests etc by a nurse. The nurse was quite helpful and very sympathetic to our concerns. Dr. Valantas entered the room a few minutes early and was with us for over an hour. After talking with us for a bit, he shared from his past related to our issues without divulging anyone's medical history. He appeared knowledgable and was quite helpful in understanding the condition, the circumstances, the treatment and what the follow-up steps would be. He shared pertinent information and, after apologizing for being blunt, informed us on what to expect and what to do. I especially liked the fact that he mentioned God has a hand in what is happening and what the outcome will be. We both thought he was just great!

Just a number

Posted on May 9th, 2014

I was very disappointed after waiting 6 months and paying 610.00 a month for health insurance so that I could see a specialist to meet this guy! He was very dismissive to all of my questions, never told me that acid reflux causes cancer, never asked the obvious questions to find out as much as he could about my condition before ordering an expensive test. Couldn't remember me not just my name to save his life. My name next, or remind me what we were talking about the last time you were here. And my favorite is when I told him that I get reflux really bad if I bent over he sighed and said ohhhhh its probably the bottom not draining... hmmm wish he would have asked me about that so that he could have looked at that during my procedure.. I especially like when I ask him a question about ph inhibitors and weight gain and his response was .. It never happened to me. He said that ALOT. Prilosec has this listed as a possible side effect in 1% of the population. I would find another doctor and skip this guy.

Posted on July 10th, 2017