Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Vargas
Dr. Michael J Vargas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Temecula, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vargas is affiliated with Corona Regional Medical Center and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Vargas has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Vargas has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Vargas has the following 17 expertise
- Holter monitoring
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Cholesterol Management
Dr. Michael J Vargas has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Michael J Vargas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Vargas has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've visited. He spends as much time as needed with each patient and you never feel rushed. He is kind, caring, and reassuring. He has lots of experience and is very knowledgeable with current technology and practice. His nursing and office staff are also very kind. My waiting times have ranged anywhere from over an hour (due to equipment malfunction) to just 5 minutes. I have to say though that whatever the wait is, Dr. Vargas is well worth the wait!!
Excellent knowledge, and will spend the needed amount of time to address and discuss individual's concern.Has in-house capabilities for testing (treadmill, etc.).Sometimes requires some waiting, but always worth the wait.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vargas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1972
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Michael J Vargas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsPrimecare Of Sun City, 27555 Ynez Rd Ste 400, Temecula, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Vargas in this video.
Dr. Michael J Vargas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Temecula, CA.