Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael S Vavrik has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 39
This office is horrible we were referred to Dr vavrik because my husband has pituitary problems. We waited 3 months for the first appointment available. The day of the appointment the road was closed for construction no one from the office contacted us to let us know that we might need extra time to get there so of course we were late and they made us reschedule. We were told someone would contact us to schedule the appointment no one ever did so when we called to schedule the appointment we were then told that they could not see my husband because he had missed an appointment. So now we have to attempt to find a new endocrinologist and my husband has to continue to suffer through his symptoms until he can get another appointment with someone else. This office is a disgrace to healthcare, that is no way to treat a patient! I am appalled at the entire situation, save yourself a headache and go somewhere else.
Made appointment to see Dr Vavrik, after waiting "1 hr and 45minutes, HAD to see his PA--She has no idea of thyroid problems and lab work. I was so upset that I waited so long and then see this unknowledgeable PA I was in tears. Have serious problems with thyroid and this doctor could care less!! I know that there is no endocronologist nearby, but, get someone to assist you and go to Atlanta. Our health is paramount, this doctor's practice is preposterous and patients beware! Check other remarks and they are disturbing, this doctor and his practice is incompetent!!!
Pitiful excuse for a doctor, pa & office manager. Some of staff was kind and people in lab were extremely nice(they do not work for the doctor). Wait time was rediculously long (over two hours). On first visit waited over 2 hours. When I opened room door heard pa and staff member lengthy conversation about what fixed for dinner night before. Definitely not business. PA and Dr vavrick were very rude and offended I would guestion why I had to wait for their personal conversation to be over. Office is not handicap friendly. Defintely do not use this Dr any longer. Sad their is not another endocrinologist near by. I suspect patients continue to take their abuse because they have no one else in this area. Shame that this office in general appears to be about the mighty dollar instead of the patient. DR Vavrik told me himself he makes way less than he did three years ago. Maybe he should quit practicing medicine and start stealing peoples money in a ponzi scheme.
Dr. Vavrik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Michael S Vavrik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Georgia Center for Dbtend, 410 Dixie St, Carrollton, GA
Dr. Michael S Vavrik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carrollton, GA.