Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael W Chu MD
Dr. Michael W Chu has 2 locations
Dr. Michael W Chu has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Michael W Chu has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael W Chu - Posted on September 2nd, 2016
Excellent doctor , caring, listens, knows his stuff, and has probably saved my life for what hes done for me. I had to go to different doctor for insurance reasons but now I'm going back to him it's been a nightmare ever since I had to leave. So im looking him up now. And going to make an appt. And cannot be more thrilled that he takes my. Insurance.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael W Chu - Posted on January 23rd, 2014
Dr. Michael Chu was my OBGYN when I was pregnant with my first baby, and if he was back in the Folsom location, I definitely would want him again as my OBGYN. He was patient, kind, and a great balance to me and my tendancies of getting overly anxious about my pregnancy. Everytime I saw him I always felt so calm around him. He was unable to be there for the delivery of my daughter, but he told me I was in good hands with the doctor on call (and he was right!). Plus, he visited me at the hospital to see me and my new baby girl before and after her arrival. If you are looking for a great OBGYN, Dr. Michael Chu is the one to go to!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael W Chu - Posted on January 9th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr. Michael Chu for over 5 years now and he has delivered 2 of my pregnancies. He has always been wonderful, patient and kind with me and my family. I was also a surrogate and he was great through the whole pregnancy and delivery process. I absolutely love Dr. Chu and wouldn't imagine seeing another doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael W Chu - Posted on August 29th, 2012
Dr. Chu rocked!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael W Chu - Posted on November 15th, 2011
I had Dr. Chu for my first pregnancy and would have chose him for my 2nd but my insurance was different. He was great, I felt that he really cared and made sure I was not confused by anything. I am pretty sure I got an ultrasound at almost every appointment and he really took his time. When it was time for me to deliver he was on a scheduled vacation but told me to tell the nurses to call him if I was in labor and he would see if you could make it. I told the nurses and of course they said he is out this week on vacation, I said can you please just call him. The nurse came into my room a couple minutes later and told me he was on his way. He came and delivered my baby with no problems. He was great!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
15 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Michael W Chu Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael W Chu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Folsom, CA.