Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael W Jones has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Michael W Jones has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Michael W Jones has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
Excellent! I lived in big cities most of my life, had a stem cell transplant before seeing him. I wasn't expecting him to know as much as he does about the process and side effects of the transplant. He is very prompt and courteous. Staff at Ripon location wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. Jones for cancer treatment and follow-up.
Took my sister to see him after her breast cancer diagnosis. She was terrified (being only 40yrs old) and he laid out the facts and statistics like he was giving a power point presentation. She has an aggressive form of cancer....and he let her know SEVERAL TIMES the life expectancy of this type of cancer. When he practiced Internal medicine, my husband went to him after dropping a weight on his face while working out. My husband told him repeatedly that there was metal or something still embedded in his lip. Jones didn't listen.....and it got infected. Luckily, our dentist froze his mouth and removed the object....which was his tooth that was knocked out. My husband wrote him and politely told him to listen to this patient more, and we were STUNNED to get a 4 page letter back...nasty, condescending and ridiculously arrogant. These 2 experiences has left me with a poor opinion of him. Yes...he's smart. But in the business of healthcare....you need intelligence, humility and compassion. He needs to get over himself.
24 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Michael W Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMichael W Jones Md, 480 E Division St, Fond Du Lac, WI
Dr. Michael W Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fond Du Lac, WI.