Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael McCord has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Interventional Radiology
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
My water broke around 6pm and contractions started around 10pm. After 12 hours of labor I asked for some anesthesia. Dr. Michael McCord arrived at 10am to administer the epidural. It took three spinal injections to finally insert the port into my back. I received some relief at first, and then quickly regained all feeling. Dr. McCord was called in two additional times, each time administering another dose of medication into the port taped to my shoulder. Neither of these doses took effect so he was called in a third time. I told him I still had all feeling and he asked if I could raise my leg, upon seeing that I could, he made a fourth injection into my spine to administer another epidural. I finally had some relief. However, only a short time later, at 2pm my OB recommended an emergency C-section.
Dr. McCord is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Heart Hospital
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Baptist Medical Center
Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Northeast Methodist Hospital
Northeast Methodist Hospital
Methodist Healthcare System
30 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Michael McCord accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4242 Medical Dr, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Michael McCord is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.