Dr. Michael W Smith Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Michael W Smith?

Very kind and thoughtful psychiatrist. I work in health care and can tell you he is extremely professional.

He sucks

Very condescending and rude. Took what I said personally.

Hey, no problem

I've been his patient since 1992 or 1994 and he was the best so I selected him and it's been a long time. He's just monitoring my meds so what more could I need. If I want to talk, I could see a psychologist .

Awesome Doctor

After reading some reviews I was a little weary before my appoitnment. Thankfully, my experience was completley positive. Doctor Smith's bedside manner was just fine. He is a mellow guy so maybe some of the reviews were just due to misunderstanding him. I thought he was nice, attentive, gave me ample time, and was encouraging. I felt better than I have in a while after leaving his offce. Renewed hope and quite optimistic.

Maybe it's just managed care but I feel as if the clock is on when you go to see Dr. Smith. Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching, it feels a lot about money. He is a good doctor but needs to work on his beside manner. Seems bored with my problems.

Just the Fact; Check your Emotions at the Door

I have been a pt. of Dr. Smith since the mid 90's. These are the facts. Yes you will have about 20 or so min wait on ave. but take into consideration he is with another pt. and that tells me that pt. is getting help and not a take two aspirin and see you in a month. Fact the average Psychiatrist spends 5 minutes with each pt. Ill take the wait and the 15 min appt. This is fact. He is gentle in nature. He can be frustrating to me sometimes BUT my case is "complicated" In the 15 years I have been his pt. I know I could have died from suicide but Dr. Smith knew what kept me going.Fact whether you like his method or not he really CARES.

Not Caring at All!

This doctor made me feel much worse than before I saw him. I can't believe he's allowed to practice. He is not at all sensitive and it seems he enjoys saying things to make you feel bad about yourself. STAY AWAY! There are many more empathetic and caring Psychiatrists in Stockton than this one.

Stay Away this dr. is dangerous

This Dr. Makes up his own diagnosis, off of nothing, no proper assessment. Can not back up his diagnosis, from DSMIV I would be surprised if he knows he needs to give a proper diagnosis, or that he might have to ask you some questions. This Dr. would have been extremely dangerous in my case, If you have no Medical or Psychology background look out, I think he picks his diagnosis out of a bucket. Beware

I met Dr Smith about 3 years ago and my initial meeting was good. I felt very comfortable with him from the very beginning. He is still my Dr and I would refer anyone to him.He is attentive, considerate and is gentle in nature,however, he is a matter of fact kind of person and that is one of the characterists about him,for me. Meet with him just once and you will see what I mean.