The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael W Whitworth
Dr. Michael W Whitworth, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Wyandotte, MI. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Whitworth is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Oakwood Campus. Dr. Whitworth has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael W Whitworth has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Whitworth is a wonderful dr that actually seems to care about the comfort and care of his patients. I was able to get an apt very quickly (unheard of in a specialist!) and was given quick relief for a very bothersome condition. Thank you and all of your wonderful staff! I highly recommend Dr Whitworth!
Even though I waited 20 minutes, it was well worth the wait. Since he does alot of skin cancer surgeries, I wanted to see someone that was good. He came highly reccommended. He didn't make me reschedule to do a skin biopsy and the nurse actually gave me a cell phone number to call with questions. Dr. Whitworth is well worth the wait.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Whitworth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Michael W Whitworth accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGrekin Skin Institute, 1500 Eureka Rd, Wyandotte, MI
Dr. Michael W Whitworth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wyandotte, MI.