Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Wood has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Wood is a wonderful doctor!!! I had been sick for many years and could not find anyone that would help me and he did. He has always been very helpful and never rushes me out the door but takes time and answers all my questions. I am very thankful to have found a doctor as wonderful as him. I also think his office staff is AWESOME and super helpful!!! I have and will continue to tell people to go to Dr.Wood!!!
As a doctor, ought not a physician and his/her nursing associates respond to a patient in a timely manner? Is it the onus of the patient, who is ill enough to seek treatment and hope, to continually phone and receive no response for weeks? Is it fair that an ill patient who only needs hope and reassurance be labeled a "difficult" patient? Have contacted my PCP for another referral based on poor experience overall with WNY GA.
Is indifferent to patient suffering, unwilling to assist patient in getting appropriate treatment when he is unable to diagnose and provide it - actually actively works to prevent patient from being seen by better qualified physicians when the only loss to him is insurance dollars and ego gratification. No one has all the answers, but he takes it out on the patient when it is suggested that referring on would be appropriate. Is the first physician that I have ever dealt with who actually slammed the phone receiver down in my ear. His office assistant appears to try to be helpful.
This was not written by a patient of mine at all, but rather the mother of one, a woman I have never even met, but did speak to on the phone once. As far as I am aware, she has never even set foot in my office. The patient is a legally competent adult, so his mother should not have been calling about him at all. The patient came to me for a "second opinion," because he was upset that the gastroenterologist in Buffalo who he was seeing previously recommended that he see a psychiatrist. The patient never got most of the testing I recommended done and never showed up for any follow up appointment that was scheduled. The mother called insisting that he be referred to the Cleveland Clinic, because "no one in Buffalo could do anything for him." Although it would have suited me just fine for the patient to go to Cleveland or anywhere else for his medical care, I tried to explain to the mother that it was quite unlikely that his insurance company would agree to pay for him to go to the Cleveland Clinic when he had not gotten the testing recommended locally done. The woman refused to listen to a word I said to her.
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1986
Erie County Medical Center
Dr. Michael Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.