Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Waller has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael L Waller has the following 17 expertise
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Critical Care
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
Dr. Michael L Waller has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Michael L Waller is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 13
Well educated, intelligent, caring doctor who is also an excellent communicator. He seems to spend whatever time the patient needs, rather than rushing on to the next patient as some do. Very satisfied .
Doctor Waller is an exceptionally knowledgeable and caring physician He takes the time to listen to his patient and has continuous eye contact while speaking with you. He knows his specialty and cares about his patients wellbeing. His office is welcoming and comfortable and you are treated professionally and with care by his nurse and receptionist also
Intelligent, well-educated cardiologist. Dr. Weller is an excellent communicator who seems genuinely interested in the patient. Spends as much time as needed to provide appropriate care. Appears to be a skilled diagnostician. Conservative: Believes in providing only such treatment and medication as are truly needed and beneficial to the patient. Definitely my kind of doctor.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
25 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Michael L Waller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Lee Waller Md, 950 Sanders Rd, Cumming, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Waller in this video.
Dr. Michael L Waller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cumming, GA.