Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael L Wang
Dr. Michael L Wang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Wang is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Wang has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael L Wang has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Wang is top notch. He takes care of me, my ex wife, my two twenty something children. He's been my eye dr for 30 years. He's a great communicator. He has top notch tools. I think he's a 'toy' geek, which means he buys the new medical toys as needed so you are treated with the latest technology. He did my cataracts at 40 after sending me to a UC Berkeley researcher for the underlying problem (they never found). I have glaucoma so I see him 3 times a year. He also diagnosed me with a detached retina ten years ago and rushed me over to another top notch dr, Dr. Eugene Lit, to have surgery that day. I must add that when something was wrong, like I couldn't see from the detached retina, his office told me to come in and they would 'squeeze' me in. That's a lot better then going to an emergency room. Dr Wang went to UC San Diego, and medical school at UC Berkeley. He's a treat.
Dr Wang performed cataract surgery on my eyes recently. I have been somewhat reluctant to schedule this procedure. But I have to say that things went much better than I have anticipated. Dr Wang is an extremely skillful eye surgeon. I had a procedure for each eye. For each procedure my post operative recovery was very quick and totally painless. Only for a few hours I felt a very minor discomfort. The results are amazing. Before the operations Dr Wang discussed with me my lifestyle and my detailed needs for visual correction. Based on this discussion he implanted a lens in each eye such that I now have exactly the vision correction that I need. The world is brighter, I see details I have not seen for a long time.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Wang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEye Physicians Of The East Bay, 80 Grand Ave Ste 700, Oakland, CA
Dr. Michael L Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.