Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael D Whitaker
Dr. Michael D Whitaker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scottsdale, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Whitaker has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael D Whitaker has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Gland Issues
- Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Showing 5 of 29
I saw Dr. Whitaker in the spring of 2015 for a persistent thyroid problem that I had been having followed for 3 years at home in in Colorado. I thought he was excellent. He steered me in a completely different direction than the CO doctors had, and this was by far the best result for me. He was professional, courteous, to the point, and very helpful. Once I returned to CO, he was very responsive regarding my follow-up blood tests, even though at that point I was under the care of my primary care doctor in CO. I recommend him most highly.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
42 Years Experience
University Of Calgary Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Michael D Whitaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael D Whitaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.