Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph Whitaker has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 35
He misdiagnosed me... told me I just had "bone contusions" and to wear a boot. After being in a boot for months with no improvement, I finally went to another doctor and found out I had a fracture which never healed and a dislocated tendon... both which required surgery. This is why you sometimes need to trust your gut when you think something is wrong and get that second opinion. The thing is though... I kinda liked the guy. I enjoy doctors that are direct and he was even humorous on occasion. But, in the end, he failed me and his misdiagnosis caused me to suffer a lot longer than I needed to. Because of that I will not be returning to him if I ever have an orthopedic problem in the future.
Reading some of these negative reviews about his bedside manner are ridiculous. The man is very busy, very direct, and most importantly the best at what he does, is it any wonder he has little time to make small talk with people? He saved one of my arms after a car accident in '89, replaced both my mothers knees and repaired the meniscus on one of mine, we have no complaints whatsoever. Would you prefer an excellent orthopedic surgeon or to make a new friend? You could always adopt a pet if your lonely.
I have always had a good experience with Dr. Whitaker. Over 30 years, he has taken care of bone spurs in my shoulders, a knee replacement and several broken legs. He never pushed me into knee replacement. We tried shots, etc over a period of time. When nothing helped, we both agreed it was time for the surgery. Several years later, when I was in to address another issue, he asked to see my knee. He was very pleased to see how well the incision had healed. He makes me feel as though he really cares. I have only had good experiences, and I feel that he has always given me realistic expectations.
Was referred to him as a really nice guy, but after meeting him, I did not feel that way.. Dr. Whitaker left me little hope and made insulting comment about age. I was ready to leave, but in so much pain, I gave him one last try. Glad I did because although his bedside manner does need improvement, he is a fine surgeon and made a big difference in my life afterwards. When I wanted to schedule another appt., recently, however, I wasn't greeted in a good manner whatsoever, which was highly disappointing. I wish him well, but honestly, even though I changed my mind about him, there are other good orthop. drs., out there.
Dr. Whitaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. Joseph Whitaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDoylestown Orthopedic Specialists, 103 Progress Dr, Doylestown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph Whitaker in this video.
Dr. Joseph Whitaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Doylestown, PA.