Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Wienir
Dr. Michael A Wienir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tarzana, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Wienir is affiliated with Chapman Global Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Wienir has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
This man needs to retire or change professions. I actually left the office in tears after how he treated me.He looked at my mri scans and told me my pain was a figment of my imagination and that I should go to a psychiatrist not a neurologist.LUCKILY I didn't listen to him, I went to another Dr, in that same office who not only helpped me, but was apauled at Dr. Weiners notes & diagnosis. And my GP who referred me, after reading what Dr Weiner wrote in my chart said he would never EVER refer ANYONE to him again either.This man is a horid human being, and should not be allowed to (mis)diagnose patients.
My visit was disappointing as Dr Wienir spent the time looking at my intake form AFTER getting into the treatment room and then asking me many questions that seemed irrelevant BEFORE asking me why I was there. He was more interested in the paperwork than in me. He actually noted my age as 20 years younger than I am (flattering in a stranger, but what Dr. can't tell a ballpark age of a patient? LOOK at the patient!). I have had very good and effective care from my other physicians yet he decided that they were idiots and that I had hysterical illness! Now, I am open to the fact that stress can effect our health, but to completely throw out the opinion of one's colleagues seems odd. Also, the entire visit he kept buzzing the front-office staff and ordering them to get my records from all the various Dr's I have seen - including my optometrist (really - you want to look at my bifocal prescription?)- but not the referring Dr... Those poor women!! I have a feeling if a man went in with my same symptoms, he would not be diagnosed as psychotic!
Dr. Wienir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael A Wienir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSan Fernando Valley Neurologic Medical Group, 18370 Burbank Blvd Ste 107, Tarzana, CA
Dr. Michael A Wienir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.