Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Wilwand has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael J Wilwand has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
Showing 5 of 20
I had a torn meniscus to my knee due to an acute injury.( Prior to that injury I had no knee pain.) He was prompt to do the surgery but follow up care has been horrible. I was sent home post op without adequate pain control which was the worst pain I have ever had to experience. After the surgery and healing, I have continued to have pain in knee and at times have been unable to bear any weight on knee or straighten it. He has not taken images to see what is going on inside that is causing the injury, but claims it is arthritis. Arthritis does not suddenly show up, it happens over time. I have good insurance and am going elsewhere.
His staff were very helpful and gave us clear directions. I cannot evaluate Dr. Wilwand because we had the recommended surgery but it didn't take and had to have it done again. I don't know of this is the way its supposed to happen or if something got missed. I can't tell. Not a 5 star review but certainly not a 1 or 2 star review.
Unless you have something easy to figure out - then don't go to Dr. Wilwand. He misdiagnosed the problem and sent me on a wild goose chase. When I came back he told me it was in my head. Come to find out he was wrong and I had an autoimmune problem that was causing the pain and swelling. He's a PIG.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wilwand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael J Wilwand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Moda Health Summit
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWalla Walla Clinic, 55 W Tietan St, Walla Walla, WA
Dr. Michael J Wilwand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walla Walla, WA.