Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Y Wang has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
In being diagnosed with early stage cancer, I saw this doctor. I wrote down three simple, pertinent, questions to ask prior to office visit. He told me I was wasting his time asking these questions, suggested drug therapy, said nurse will talk to me about it, said to make follow-up appointment and excused himself. Since chemo was not even indicated for this stage, I did not buy the "Kool-Aid". I believe chemo and drugs eliminate the very thing we need to fight cancer...our immune system. Through taking holistic means, the early stage cancer appears negative on screenings now. The staff was caring only when I walked in, not when I walked out refusing treatment...at that point I was no longer a "dollar sign". I walked, no ran, out of this facility.
My dad had you as a doctor and DID NOT take care of him!!! You gave him the wrong chemo dosage! My dad was losing weight like crazy and was sick,you did nothing about it, because you didn't see him like you should have! Your nurses are no good either. What nurse asks a patient if they have had a stroke and then says we will get you in Monday for a CT/MRI ?!?! You all need to be shut down! You gave my dad False hope! The Lake hospital SUCKS TOO!!!! I bet if my dad would of had insurance he would have been takin better care of. For those of you out there looking for a cancer doctor........don't pick this one!! My dad would probably still be with me today if you would have done your job!
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael Y Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLake Regional Health Systems, 54 Hospital Dr, Osage Beach, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Y Wang in this video.
Dr. Michael Y Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Osage Beach, MO.