Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Zupancic has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
They don’t answer their phones. They don’t return messages. Their portal doesn’t work, you can’t schedule appointments online even though there is an option. They schedule appointments to review results when they don’t have the results. During my second appointment I was advised that Dr quit. Getting a sleep study scheduled was a nightmare. They outsource their insurance process to a completely incompetent company called “connect the docs”. I have nothing positive to say.
I think it's wonderful that the previous review had a good experience with Zupancic. Perhaps he has turned over a new leaf. However, by saying "if only people would listen to Dr. Zupancic, who is an expert" she is implying that it is our fault if we were treated poorly by him. I never received the book the previous reviewer mentions. Instead, when I brought in a one-page sleep journal I had made for him, he tossed it aside and said he would read it later (I doubt he did, and even if he did, the time to read it was at the appointment, before we decided what the treatment plan should be). I was mocked, ridiculed and told to just deal with it. At my last appointment with him, I left his office in tears. Again, I am more than happy to hear Zupancic no longer treats patients with such indifference to their suffering. But please don't imply that those of us who experienced this because we somehow refused to try or listen.
If people would only listen to Dr. Zupancic, who is an expert, and follow his treatment plan, the majority of issues that plague them could be resolved fairly well. the treatment plan that I went through was really tough, even grueling but within 3 weeks, I was able to sleep without any medications when I hadn't in at least 10 years. There are still nights where I get 4 or 5 hours but mostly I can now sleep 6 or even 7. When you go from sleeping 1 hour or 2, that's paradise. It wasn't easy but it's worth it not to be on any sleep aids. I faithfully read the book he recommended and did exactly what I was supposed to and I still do. Dr. Zupancic knows what he's talking about, so I suggest that even though we tend to think we know our bodies, we should be open to realizing that we don't know what's really happening or we wouldn't be visiting him in the first place. I was sure my problem was related to a lack of estrogen and age. I was wrong and he was right. I can't thank this person enough for what he has done for me.
This "doctor" tried a few things for my severe sleep disorder and then told me he thought it was all in my head and that I needed to be psychiatrically evaluated. After speaking with other local people in the sleep field, I found out that this is his reputation. He doesn't want to work with any patient that presents him with a challenge (despite the fact that he seems to love to use this word). Apparently he specializes in easy cases. In other words, he's bad at what he does for a living.
17 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Michael J Zupancic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Zupancic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carlsbad, CA.