Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michal M Phillips
Dr. Michal M Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Whitehouse, TX. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Christus Mother Frances Hospital Jacksonville, Trinity Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler and East Texas Medical Center Carthage. She speaks English.
Dr. Michal M Phillips has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michal M Phillips has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Michal M Phillips has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michal M Phillips is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Phillips is a first rate physician. Her bedside manner is excellent and she will take the time to listen to your concerns and explain what her diagnosis is and why she has come to that conclusion. My family and I have absolute trust in her and her staff. So much so that I have recommended her to many of my friends looking for a caring physician. I have had phone calls from her, personally, to report test results, on weekends even.
I take two different medications, each prescribed by Dr. Phillips. On more than several occasions, she has provided me w/ either the wrong dosage or the wrong pill number. Each time it's a big ordeal getting it fixed in the pharmacy. Can't be that complicated - it's only two meds. Today was last straw - will be looking for a new primary doc.
Dr. Phillips has been my physician for approximately 3 years. She is patient, takes the time to explain her diagnosis, or reasons for doing certain tests or procedures, and is very concerned about her patients' health. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an excellent and caring physician. She is a genuinely caring person as well as a doctor.
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Michal M Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEtmc First Physicians, 602 State Highway 110 N, Whitehouse, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michal M Phillips in this video.
Dr. Michal M Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitehouse, TX.