Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michel A Arcand MD
Dr. Michel A Arcand has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michel A Arcand has the following 17 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Michel A Arcand is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michel A Arcand - Posted on October 23rd, 2016
The practice is like a factory. You are moved in and out of rooms like cattle. Dr. Arcand looked at my X-rays and never even examined my arm. I felt you were not treated like a human. I don't know how they treat patients when they go room to room and they don't wipe down the room after they seen a patient. They Are with there patients for 5 mins each. It was a revolving door in each room. Awful, I do not recommend this place for a animal.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michel A Arcand - Posted on June 17th, 2016
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1990
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Michel A Arcand Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michel A Arcand
Dr. Arcand is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and is affiliated with Dr. Robert Buonanno and the Center for Orthopedics in Johnston. He is a graduate of Universite Laval in Quebec, completed his residency at Hospital du Sadre-Coeur in Montreal and fellowships in sports medicine at the University of Chicago and in shoulder and elbow surgery at Baylor University Medical Center. Dr. Arcand is fluent in French and is accepting new patients.
Locations & DirectionsTHE CENTER FOR ORTHOPAEDICS INC, 1524 Atwood Ave, Johnston, RI
Dr. Michel A Arcand is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Johnston, RI.