Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michel D Brathwaite
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with another office in Atlanta, GA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Brathwaite is affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center South Campus, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital and Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center. Dr. Brathwaite has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite has the following 14 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Renal Hypertension
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Disease
- Lupus Nephritis
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 9
I have been a patient of Dr. Brathwaite at the Emory Healthcare. Dr. Brathwaite has always been a wonderful doctor, informative, warm, patient, and very optimistic. In the last month series of events has happened that have made me realize just how extraordinary he is, and how far goes to care for his patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Brathwaite is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michel D Brathwaite is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.