Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michel Kahaleh has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michel Kahaleh has the following 23 expertise
- Stomach Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreatic Cyst
- Celiac Disease
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Dr. Michel Kahaleh has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Michel Kahaleh is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
He referred me to a surgeon in Long island city to have a surgery (pancreatectomy) which proved to be totally unnecessary. The second option was obtained from a Doctor at an institution which recently merged with his hospital. His recommendation was uninformed, incompetent and almost resulted in malpractice.
Dr. Kahaleh is excellent at what he does & it's great to have a doctor who thinks outside the box to help you feel better, especially for someone like me that has unusual issues that research is not really being done on. I am fortunate to have met him. He has slready helped me & i look foward to another medical issue being helped too.. Thank you again.
This Dr may be smart but he has had very little time for me as a sick patient that has needed a lot of time from him and also needed to talk to him which is almost impossible.I do need a doctor that is available to me and Dr.K is out of the country a lot!And when he is here he is so busy you feel like a number not a patient.It has been a big disappointment,when I first met him I thought I found the doctor that was really going to help me and listen to me but it did not happen.If I knew when I first met him what I know now I would have picked another doctor.I hope this helps someone to make a better choice than I did.He looks great on paper and can be charming when you meet him but that ends quickly.
I gave this Dr. several chances to change my mind however my feelings were only reinforced. I was hospitalized several times with GI related issues at HIS hospital and he didnt bother to stop by, send someone from his team or even call. This is after I had an obstruction which followed a procedure he did (which was not his fault) I called numerous times for help or advice from his office and never recieved a call back or any word from them. I was admitted for a total of almost a week and never a word from them or a returned call. He may be good at what he does but whats the point if you are going to leave your patients hanging. My case was handled by residents, a good Dr. would have helped put me in more capable hands.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUMDNJ, 51 French St, New Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michel Kahaleh in this video.
Dr. Michel Kahaleh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.