Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michele M Colangelo has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michele M Colangelo has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 36
I go in with questions and leave with more questions and no answers. I wait over 40 minutes for this visit and then when I am seen I have concerns and she brushes any question off. I feel rushed in my visits. I told her I have anxiety and she gives me a category C SSRI without explaining the risks of taking it during pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and I’ve never been more scared and unprepared in my life. If I can’t go to my doctor with questions all I have left is the internet and friends and family.
This was the first time I have gone to Michele. Was recommended to go to her by a few people so I decided to give her a try. Very polite, kind, friendly, and down to earth. Took her time with you and made sure you didn't leave with any questions or concerns. Her staff is equally as great! Make you feel like you have known them forever. Feel 100% comfortable going there!
I had doctor Colangelo for my first pregnancy and part of my second as my husband was transferred out of Cleveland. This doctor is so awesome that i even contemplated flying back to Cleveland around the time of my due date just so that she could deliver my child. With my first pregnancy (actually my second. Had a miscarriage) I was a blubbering mess when they were about to check for the heart beat the first time and my husband was not there. Dr. Colangelo and her staff took their time and held my hand and calmed me down and waited til I was ready to proceed. They never left me and I felt all the support in the world. Her staff is just as awesome as she is. Whenever I had a question day or night she would answer. I have not been to her in over 2 years and I still have her number programmed in my cell phone. lol! Thank Dr. Colangelo and staff. Also her partner when she was at the Brooklyn office was awesome. He actually delivered my first son due to an emergency with Dr. Colangelo and he was awesome and the nurses at the Fairview hospital actually loved him as well. He was polite and cleaned up behind himself. A wonderful trait in any male especially a doctor. LOL. I think his name was Bashar but I am not sure. Thank all of you guys!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1997
St Vincent Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Michele M Colangelo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestlake Ob/Gyn, 2001 Crocker Rd Ste 650, Westlake, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele M Colangelo in this video.
Dr. Michele M Colangelo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake, OH.