Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michele A Couri has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Couri doesn't want to deal with her patients. Any question you ask her will be a referral to another practioner. She is fake and has no patience. Her staff is awful! She is never around and leaves nurses and nurse practitioners to run her office. They are disorganized, inexperienced and not knowledgeable. If you have an emergency, they will get back to you, eventually, ( sorry it took us two weeks to let you know of your serious infection) with no helpful information. I have had 2 different labs disappear before making it to the lab. What?? If you are of reproductive age, don't get pregnant while under her care, she won't want to deal with you and her staff will drag there feet before giving you a referral. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor that cares.
Dr. Couri is an amazing doctor. I actually live in Missouri, close to St. Louis and even with the many doctors and hospitals here, (some of the top hospitals in the US are in St. Louis), I still went to Illinois to go to Dr. Couri. She always gave me super great care, and was wonderful! I never had a wait to get an appointment. Also once at the appointment, it was never a long wait to see her. I even had a problem and called her office. They had to call her at home, because she herself was off on medical leave, but she came into the office to see me and help fix the problem. She very easily could have turned me over to one of her associates, but she is such a caring doctor, she came in herself to take care of me. I do not know of other doctors who would do that. Plus all the other times I saw her, she was great. She is one of the most amazing doctor's I have ever been to. I will continue to drive from Missouri to the Peoria area to go to Dr. Couri. The 4 hour drive is well worth it to have her as my doctor!
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Couri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Illinois
Dr. Michele A Couri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCouri Center For Gynecology And Integrative Womens Health, 6708 N Knoxville Ave Ste 1, Peoria, IL
Dr. Michele A Couri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.