Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michele Dodman
Dr. Michele Dodman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Biddeford, ME, with other offices in Warren, MI and Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (and 2 other locations). She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dodman is affiliated with Southern Maine Health Care, St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center) and St John Detroit Riverview Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Michele Dodman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michele Dodman has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Michele Dodman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
I have no doubt the doctor is very knowledgeable and knows her intestines pretty good, however she reminds me of one of those people that is so smart she's better with reading and learning as opposed to dealing with people. Basically if you just want a doc who will tell you what she knows and you are willing to accept it with no questions, she's your doc. Her opinions are very strong and makes you feel like you don't know what you are taking about. The staff was very nice, no complaints there. The office was very dreary and depressing, looks like they quickly set up a temporary office with no effort.
My daughter and I had a very positive experience with this medical office and the doctor herself. We did have to leave a message requesting an appointment which seemed a bit odd, but I was called back quickly and was given an appointment that was convenient for us. The office staff was thorough and kind. It does seem like the office might be a bit understaffed, but no one was rude. They get the job done in a timely manner! Doctor Dodman listened and asked many important questions concerning my daughter's symptoms. We were able to schedule a procedure within a weeks' time and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Doctor Dodman!
Dr. Dodman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Southern Maine Health Care
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center)
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
29 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Lansing General Hospital
Dr. Michele Dodman accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele Dodman, DO - Gastroenterology in Biddeford, ME, in this video.
Dr. Michele Dodman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Biddeford, ME.