Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michele L Ashton MD
Dr. Michele L Ashton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Bend, IN. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Ashton is affiliated with Saint Joseph Health System Mishawaka Medical Ctr.. She speaks English.
Dr. Michele L Ashton has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Michele L Ashton has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Ashton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Michele L Ashton Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michele L Ashton
Dr. Ashton was born in St. Charles, Illinois. She graduated from Spring Arbor University and earned her medical degree from University of Michigan School of Medicine. Dr. Ashton completed her residency at Truman Medical Center and St. Luke’s Hospital at University of Missouri-Kansas City. Dr. Ashton is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Christian Medical and Dental Association, and the American Association of Pro-life Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Special interests include adolescent gynecology, pelvic prolapse, incontinence, and medical care in the developing world. Dr. Ashton started with OB GYN Associates in April 2009
Locations & DirectionsOB/GYN ASSOCIATES OF NORTHERN INDIANA, 6301 University Commons Ste 310, South Bend, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele L Ashton, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in South Bend, IN, in this video.
Dr. Michele L Ashton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near South Bend, IN.