Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michele A Markley
Dr. Michele A Markley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plantation, FL, with other offices in Loxahatchee, FL and Coconut Creek, FL . Her specialties include Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Markley is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center. Dr. Markley has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Michele A Markley has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Showing 5 of 13
Our experience with Dr. Markley and her team was wonderful. We approached her to assist with our son's tongue-tied surgery. She provided us with a thorough examination and confirmed the Speech Therapist's suspicion that he was in need of a frenulectomy. Her staff was knowledgeable and helped with our scheduling needs in a timely manner. We will consider Dr. Markley for any future pediatric surgical needs in the future.
Dr. Markley is an outstanding doctor and person with such a wonderful bedside manner! I’ve had to take my young son to see her for 3 different issues, one requiring outpatient surgery that Dr. Markley performed when he was just 2 yrs old. She is such a sweet, soft spoken, caring woman. She takes her time with you and your child and is very thorough at every appointment. She is gentle and trustworthy. I trusted her with my son and his surgery and I HIGHLY recommend her to all of my family and friends. She really is great!
Dr. Markley was born to be a pediatric surgeon!!!!! The time and caring she dedicates when talking to the parents, as well as the children, while they are clearly going through a stressful experience is beyond wonderful. In addition to being a miraculous surgeon, her sweet bedside manner made all the trauma less traumatic. It was a relief and a calming force to have her as my child's doctor. I owe my daughter's life to her.
She was wonderful in the care for our son.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Markley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Michele A Markley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele A Markley in this video.
Dr. Michele A Markley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plantation, FL.