Is Dr. Michele L Martinho the right Doctor for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michele L Martinho has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michele L Martinho has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michele L Martinho - Posted on August 4th, 2015
Rude Staff: Horrible Manners: Finding New Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michele L Martinho - Posted on August 8th, 2011
I sat in waiting room, listening to reception staff, speaking rudely to patients on phone, hanging up abruptly and then speaking VERY LOUDLY and hatefully about that person. Throughout my wait, I overheard numerous times, staffers speaking rudely toward patients over the phone. This along with their generally poor social skills while speaking the them directly at the desk, did not make me feel comfortable about waiting further to see the doctor. Many of them possess terrible diction and when you ask them to repeat themselves, they become all the more disdainful. I mean, really, who wishes to endure a "hostile" environment at the doctor's office for crikey sake? Also, just got off the phone with them to follow up on test results and get a referral, the woman on the phone HUNG UP IN MY EAR without so much as a Thank You or GoodBye --NOTHING! Just the sound of the handset crashing onto the base.It's a darn shame, because the doctor herself is quite pleasant and fun to talk to. However, as much as I like the doctor, I simple will put up with the ridiculously rude behavior and indignant attitude of these ill-mannered hacks behind the desk. Too many good doctors in NYC to tolerate that garbage.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michele L Martinho - Posted on March 28th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michele L Martinho - Posted on October 13th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michele L Martinho - Posted on September 17th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michele L Martinho Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsS NADESAN PHYSICIAN LLC, 308A E 15th St, New York, NY
Dr. Michele L Martinho is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.