Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michele McDermott
Dr. Michele McDermott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. McDermott is affiliated with St. David'S North Austin Medical Center, Seton Shoal Creek Hospital and St. David'S South Austin Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Michele McDermott has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I'm surprised at the positive comments. She asked me why I was seeing her, and I said because she was an endocrinologist. She became angry and told me that she hasn't practiced endocrinology in over 29 years. IT IS LISTED ON HER BIO! I was having terrible hormonal issues after a hysterectomy, and the last thing I needed was someone to be so insensitive. She is fine if all you need is a run of the mill doctor to right a prescription for estrogen...but I have seen wonderful doctors....and she is not one of them.
Dr. McDermott is one of the best doctors out there. She spends time with you and is very good at helping you with anything you need to work with. The ease of getting everything you need covered is amazing! I had it all taken care in a timely manner but also had all my questions answered as well.
Having had a hysterectomy at a very young age it seemed no doctor could ever get my hormone therapy right even though the blood tests they did indicated it was OK. After suffering for years I found Dr. McDermott. Dr. Mc ran one blood test, gave me the correct estrogen and I've been great ever since. I've been seeing her for at least 10 yrs. I've recommended her to numerous menopausal women.
Dr. McDermott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. David'S North Austin Medical Center
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
St. David'S South Austin Medical Center
Seton Medical Center
St. David's Hospital
Seton Northwest Hospital
33 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Michele McDermott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions12221 N MO Pac Expy, Austin, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michele McDermott in this video.
Dr. Michele McDermott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.