Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michele D Ofallon has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michele D Ofallon has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michele D Ofallon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. O'Fallon is a wonderful doctor. She looks at the patient's life and works with the patient to improve their health and well-being. She does not simply write a prescription and forget the patient as soon as he or she leaves the office. She inspired me to lose weight, lower my stress level and improve my overall condition.
I had requested the labs necessary for my annual exam be ordered prior to my visit so that they would not be applied to a new deductible. That did not happen. After my annual exam, the labs were ordered & because they would be applied to my deductible & I would incur significant charges, I did not have them done, however, my insuarance carrier was billed, I was then billed & called demanding payment for the services. When I refused to pay calling it to their attention that had they done appropriate follow-up re: results, they would have realised I had not had the testing done. I questioned their practices, they assured me this was their routine policy, I called it to their attention that this technically was fraud. I later received a letter dismissing me from the practice.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dr. Michele D Ofallon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Internal Medicine And Pediatrics, 4048 Laurel St Ste 306, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Michele D Ofallon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.