Dr. Michele Ranno Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michele Ranno?

Apathetic

Posted on March 17th, 2017

What a relief to have left this practice. Poor listening skills is an understatement- I have never been to a doctor that texts as I answer her questions. On several occasions, I'd have to stop talking & wait until she was done texting & ready to listen. Apathetic. More importantly, after a health fair screening showed I needed further testing I had to beg to get it. Doctor said test wasn't warranted, wouldn't be covered by insurance and she didn't want me to complain to her when cost wasn't covered!!! After assuring her that I was OK paying for the test out of pocket if it wasn't covered, she relented and ordered it. After testing confirmed my diagnosis, I never heard from her, so I went to my ob-gyn, who was concerned with the diagnosis and immediately sent me to a specialist. That's when it became crystal clear that it was time to find a new primary care doctor that would be invested in my health care. I shouldn't have waited so long to leave!

Competent, compassionate care!

Posted on August 31st, 2016

Michele Ranno, MD is my primary physician. Since I'm a Registered Nurse, I have insight into what constitutes a great doctor - skills, care and good treatment. Dr. Ranno is always accessible, and treats me with respect and dignity. Recommended to all who want quality care from a physician.

EMPATHY-CHALLENGED!

Posted on September 12th, 2015

Friendly front desk staff unfortunately cannot compensate for the appalling culture of this practice. Dr Ranno does not listen, seems not to care, and is barely articulate. So we switched to Dr Gupta. Hmmmm. While markedly more articulate and stylish than Dr Ranno, he was equally unsatisfactory. Was he angry, having a bad day, or did he just take a dislike to my 90-year-old mother? Who knows. He never looked her in the eye, never cracked a smile, and seemed eager to be elsewhere. This guy specializes in geriatric care?!? My mother was happy to have *any* attention, but I would advise prospective patients to steer well clear of this practice

No Hesitation

Posted on February 11th, 2015

In 12 years, find doctor & staff compassionate, professional, accurate, engaging & genuinely caring.

Posted on March 29th, 2013

Incompetent practice. Run as fast as you can

She doesn't seem to care

Posted on February 17th, 2012

Dr. Ranno is indifferent to my questions and is not very good at explaining thngs or listening to me when I explain my condition. She won't return my phone calls and really seems to be more interested in collecting the Medicare payment instead of giving me reasonable care. In my opinion, she is embarassingly below standard.

Annoyed

Posted on January 19th, 2012

I have been to Ranno for at least 7 years now, she's very rushed. Many times she's been talking to me as she was backing out of the door. She's quick to push you out and write in her chart. Often blames my issues on anxiety. Of course if she'd just check me out and follow up I would be less anxious. Would not recommend her. Her counter part Dr Lisi however is wonderful but her staff will not schedule with her unless that is the only option.

Absolutely Incompetent and Dangerous

Posted on October 2nd, 2011

The short version of the story is that Dr. Michele Ranno failed to follow up and notify me of a significant abnormal blood test which subsequently required an invasive biopsy and a serious, life threatening diagnosis. The icing on the cake is that upon review of my medical record, she lied and falsified my chart, describing a physical exam and review of vital signs etc that NEVER occurred! She is a liar and extremely dangerous doctor! Beware!!!

Beware!

Posted on July 2nd, 2011

I had a similar experience as "Look Elsewhere". I was suffering with a very common illness and Ranno wouldn't listen to my concerns and was very reticent about writing a script for bloodwork. Thankfully, I insisted and received the diagnosis that I anticipated. She was condescnding and kept implying that my concerns were not valid. She had the audacity of recommending a psychiatrist before the bloodwork came back with a positive diagnosis. I was still ill after completion of the antibiotic and couldn't get a new prescription for 5 days. She was out of the office and her associates don't return phone calls. Dr. Ranno has no empathy and will not listen...she has the absolute worst bedside manner. I did not feel like I was being cared for by a competent doctor. Beware!!!!

Frustrated

Posted on July 1st, 2011

This doctor talks and interrupts when the patient tries to express concerns and list symptoms. Ranno does not listen and lacks basic concern. I often ...

Look elsewhere

Posted on June 8th, 2011

I left Dr. Ranno's office because she does not listen and because of the way the office is run. Dr. Ranno may be technically proficient but when she saw me, she spent a lot more time talking and rarely let me get a word in edgewise. Her office staff operates professionally but exhibited little concern for me. I called twice this year while ill with a week long flu and was unable to get an appointment sooner than 48 hours during business hours in a work week. There is no PA on staff so all is dependent on the one doctor working that day. Although Noon on a Tuesday, it was suggested that I go to an Urgi-care center. The one thing the office staff will ensure though is that you are aware of your co-pay when you are seen by a doctor. Patients are required to sign a note acknowledging they understand that co-pays are due at the time of treatment. In fact, although I had never come in without the required payment, I was refused treatment when I came in for a scheduled appointment until I signed it. I have since switched doctors and the icing on the cake is that I now have to pay them $.65 a page to have my records sent to my new doctor. There are too many good doctors out there for me to have to deal with this nonsense. I'll pay the money and will consider it a lesson learned. I'm just glad to have found a doctor that seems sincerely interested in my well-being.

Posted on June 22nd, 2017