Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Los Angeles, CA. Her specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My daughter has had a seizure disorder since she was two years old. She was misdiagnosed by the pediatrician who wrote off my concerns. She was eventually diagnosed at four and started seeing this doctor at five. My daughter loves to see the doctor, and loves that the doctor speaks to her directly. My daughter, now 7, understands all of the intricacies of her medication, her condition, and prognosis. Dr. Van-Hirtum-Daas has been exceedingly patient in explaining the details to her. As for return phone calls, scheduling appointments, and the office staff, we have only received the best service. All of my phone calls have been returned within hours (less than two). The medical assistant has always been very helpful. Some have mentioned that she is only in the office three days per week, which is true. However, we were informed about this prior to our first visit. We are very happy with this doctor and will continue to see her. (Daughter - seizures controlled with medication with no adverse side effects:)
Van Hirtum Das is an adequate doctor. She follows protocol and does things by the book. However she is incredibly difficult to get in touch with...as she only works three days a week...and generally returns calls after hours when there is no way to call her back because her office is closed. Furthermore, the staff is not great about passing messages along. When asked if email would be easier she simply responded "you can try , but I don't check it that often." Her lack of desire to fix this issue dropped her down quite a few rungs in my book. Parents with sick kids who are at the point of seeing neurologists don't need the added stress of having to call an office multiple time (4 in this case) only to get a return call from an apathetic doctor.
My son was diagnosed with Doose syndrome in Jan. of 09. He was spiraling downward fast and furious. Dr. Michele Van Hirtum Das really did not know how to proactively stop my four year old son's imminent demise. The problem that I had with Dr. Das is that she forgot to mention to my husband and I the inherent dangers of generic drugs with children with epilepsy. Due to that omission my son's epilepsy went from bad to my worst nightmare. On top of that when my son became non convulsive status epileptic and was hospitalized 6 times in a span of three weeks, she never once visited him b/c she did not have privileges at the hospital. Additionally, my son was released with poor liver functions, and due to overly concern family (his grandparents) on of whom has been a physician for the last 35 years felt compelled to contact her repeatedly to aid my little boy. Yet, Dr. Das felt it was appropriate to recommend to me, a mother who had been dealing with a child that was getting worse and worse in one year's time, therapy for my family. I think offended would not be the word that I am currently seeking. On a better note, today, without Dr. Das, or any US Dr., instead a Dr. from Ecuador, saved my son's life and he is nine months seizure free.
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michele M Van Hirtum-Das is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.