Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelina D Desanti has the following 1 specialty
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
Showing 5 of 28
No words for the front desk person who is more than abrupt and should take lessons in cusomer service because she lacks it. Billing is not on same page as your insurance. You are billed for a regular visit with a copay even if it's a 10 minute annual that your insurance offers complimentary with no copay. Try getting you copay back. You have to fight with the front desk ogre. If they send you for tests you should be given codes or they can call then in for coverage. Instead they'll send you for an extraordinary test and you are on your own to see if insurance will pay. Any other doctor's office will call for you. Instead you have no idea that test is unique and it winds up costing you a lot of money because the gatekeeper says you're responsible to find out. The doctor cares but the staff and their billing practices make it less desirable to keep going.
The professionalism of the staff here is highly questionable!!! Very rude secretary named Sue. Very condos ending towards myself when trying to get an appointment for the last 4 months!!! Told me I could go to planned parenthood if I was "having issues because they take anybody" Really? I had been a patient there for over 15 yrs, except the past 3 yrs due to lack of insurance and her rising "cash payments" increasing to almost $300!!! What a way to treat a woman who you were told was having issues and needed to be seen only to be criticized and insulted by your secretary and told they don't need you as a patient anymore. Rude, unprofessional and quite arrogant!!! Will be notifying the 11-13 friends, coworkers, (2 who were present to here the conversation with Sue) and family members about this and maybe you will treat your patients better when you start loosing them. Horrible way to treat a woman!!! Would give a negative rating if it was offered!!!!
Never again, I find the staff and DR. to be rude but then end the visits with just enough sugar to make it all seem ok. Well its not. A woman should feel good about going to her Gynecologist start to finish. Im also tired of them billing unnecessary codes for treatment that did not occur. How could a gynecologist bill extra for talking about your period? Isn't that what they are suppose to talk about?? Argh, shame on them.
I love, love, love this woman! Best gynecologist and Dr. I have ever been to and I've been to quite a few over the years. She makes you feel so comfortable that asking "personal" questions is no problem! No matter where I move, I will be coming back to Dr. Desanti!! I am setting up my 16 year old daughter to be her patient as well. I have never had a doctor personally call me about test results or just to check in to see how I was doing after a visit like Dr. Desanti does. It's amazing!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Michelina D Desanti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWoman to Woman Ob/Gyn Associates, 576 State Route 94, Columbia, NJ
Dr. Michelina D Desanti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, NJ.