Dr. Michelle Allen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michelle Allen?

Posted on May 31st, 2016

We have seen Dr Allen for both of our kids for over 10 years. She does a great job with any problem big or small. They do a great job with same day sick child appointments. I would highly recommend her .

Spare your child, do not go here

Posted on May 27th, 2015

Terrible Pediatrician! I have 5 children and I went to Dr Allen for years. It wasn't until my son (who is currently 16 months old) was born that I experienced the most horrible treatment ever. She is a great doctor if you just need a strep swab here and there but when it comes to real medical issues, she has no idea what she is doing. My baby was sick for 13 months straight. Pouring water from his nose and eyes, chronic croup for months on end, hospitalized with ulcers up and down his esophagus and mouth. I begged Dr Allen to please give me a referral to an allergist and she ignored me and brushed me off saying there was nothing we could do for my sick son. It wasnt until the day before he was hospitalized when I short of freaked out in her office, did she finally give me a referral. My son was so sick, he refused food and breast milk for 6 days straight. Well, long story short....after seeing the allergist, he was able to properly direct us and my son was diagnosed with severe reflux and aspiration (dysphagia). Turns out for 13 months under her care my son had been suffering with this silent reflux (which is very painful for babies) and it was causing his nose and eyes to pour water (mimicking allergies) because the acid sat so high in his esophagus triggering his sinuses. On top of that, my son never learned to swallow correctly and suffers from dyspahgia so every time he ingested any liquids (water, breast milk, etc) FOR 13 MONTHS it was aspirated into his lungs. The acid from his reflux and bacteria were also aspirated into his lungs causing the chronic respiratory illnesses that my son suffered from. Thank goodness he is under the care of a new pediatrician and on the proper medications for these conditions. DO NOT take your child here, you will be blown off like I was. My poor son endured nothing but misery his entire 1st year of life, things that were very treatable and manageable and should have diagnosed when he was first born. All I had to do was mention a couple of his symptoms for his new pediatrician to pick up on right away. He had all the classic symptoms so there is no reason other than poor medical care that Dr Allen and her associates missed this. She flat out just didn't care. Spare your child and go to a real doctor.

Somebody must be deleting the real reviews

Posted on February 18th, 2012

We went to this doctor because she was recommended by a friend. We never felt so rushed and ripped off. Me and my wife were first time parents and first time patients. She spent 10 minutes at most with us. I was worried about umbilical cord and she barely glanced at it and said it was fine. She never once asked if we had questions about important topics like vaccinations, circumcision, or breast feeding. She barely washed her hands. As she was done she approached the door and said we were getting another blood test. She wasn't asking us she was telling us. Our baby was only five days old and already had his first blood test at hospital and wasn't due for 7-12 days for his second. As soon as she closed the door we looked at each other and just left. In the car we realized no one even checked his temperature. We went to her after already seeing a doctor two days before. We wanted to see two different ones just to compare. And it was night and day. Dr Thakkar from Chandler was very passionate and helpful. She went over all topics and even gave us time to come up with any other questions. She went over all the necessary topics including the ones above. The sad thing is our friend said Dr.Allen was the best of four that she had seen. This makes me wonder how bad the medical service is in AZ if she was the best of the worst.

Posted on September 7th, 2011

I have 4 children that are seen at this office. We have been forgotten about in the waiting room, given an appointment card for a date that they didn't write down in their books (resulting in needing to "sqeeze" us in), and wrote down that they already checked us in when they never did, resulting in us waiting in the waiting room forever! It is terrible because the doctor is great - the staff is not put together.

Posted on May 9th, 2017