Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum MD
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Aszterbaum is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum has the following 13 expertise
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Radiation-Induced Cancer
- Basal Cell
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
The Best Dermatologist Ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum - Posted on August 19th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum - Posted on July 14th, 2010
I could not have asked for a more thougtful doctor. She even called me while she was on vacation! I was told that a lesion on my eye would leave a very large scar when remove and it had to be removed. After many consults all confirming that claim I saw her. Dr. Aszterbaum is an out of the box thinker she simply flipped my eye lid removed the entire lesion and I actually went shopping after my appointment. I did not have have any deformaty I was comfortable.I feel very lucky that I did not let anyone else touch me. I have had a long history with her and have never doubted her professional judgement.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Aszterbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMICHLLE ASZTERBAUM MD, 1441 Avocado Ave Ste 807, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum, MD - Dermatology in Newport Beach, CA, in this video.
Dr. Michelle Aszterbaum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.