Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michelle L Bahrain DO
Dr. Michelle L Bahrain, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Rosedale, MD. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Michelle L Bahrain has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michelle L Bahrain has the following 6 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michelle L Bahrain - Posted on May 15th, 2019
Dr. Bahrain is wonderful. I saw her when I was in the hospital for my colon cancer surgery and she made me feel cared for. She stopped in a couple of times to check up on me and to see if I needed anything or if she could help in any way. A pleasure to be seen by and I would definitely see her if I needed to see an Infectious Disease doctor for anything! I would highly recommend her.
20 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1999
Franklin Square Hospital Center
Dr. Michelle L Bahrain Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMEDSTAR FRANKLIN SQUARE MEDICAL CENTER, 9000 Franklin Square Dr, Rosedale, MD
Dr. Michelle L Bahrain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rosedale, MD.