Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle L Daffer has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I went to her in 2009 to have her look at a suspicious mole-she said her son has the same one and not to worry about it. In 2013, I insisted my Dr. take it off. Found out it was stage 3b melanoma cancer. Went to mayo and they gave me 43% chance of survival within 10 years. If only she would have caught it earlier then I wod have had a lot better chance. Whatever derm you go to-if they hesitate to take a mole off that is remotely suspicious then go elsewhere. Afterward my mayo surgery and lymph nodes removal I called to follow up and I couldnt even talk to her directly-her nurses blew me off and said that I am now a mayo patient not theirs. On the positive side she is nice and easy to get an appt with. I will however will be going elsewhere (now to a medical oncologist and a derm with cancer experience. If caught earlier the melanoma would t have spread to my lymph nodes. We all make mistakes but when it is so easy to remove a mole that is suspicious I feel she let me down
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Michelle L Daffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMidlands Clinic, 705 N Sioux Point Rd Ste 100, North Sioux City, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle L Daffer in this video.
Dr. Michelle L Daffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Sioux City, SD.