Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle R Estes has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michelle R Estes has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Michelle R Estes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michelle R Estes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I took my kids to see her because couldn't get in to see normal doctor. They had ear infections at the time and then started coughing, all she did was listen to them said was nothing. I asked could be walking pneumonia she said no not all. I had to take them back two days later cause they got worse, saw another doc who said was croup gave steriods and we came home. Few days later had to go back again cause I wasn't happy with way they sounded and this time saw normal doc and found out it was walking pneumonia. So had she done her job and checked they wouldn't have had to go through so much. Luckily the other doc gave them steroids that helped some but still were sick longer than should have been.I will never see get again.
We have been seeing Dr. Estes for a couple of years now. She is always very friendly with my children and they love to visit her. She takes the time to listen to my concerns, addresses my questions, and is good about following up on my childrens' illnesses (which not many doctors do!) We are more than happy to recommend her to anyone who asks for a great doctor in the Tri-cities area.
Dr. Estes and her staff of nurses are very professional, give you plenty of time to ask questions and discuss what ever conserns you have! Busy office, however fantastic staff. Dr. Estes is very knowledgeable in her feild and makes you feel comfortable and not rushed. She takes her time to answer your questions and see to your conserns. She goes above and beyond, we are greatful she is our pediatrician.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Michelle R Estes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Tennessee Ob/Gyn Assocs, 2002 Brookside Dr Ste 200, Kingsport, TN
Dr. Michelle R Estes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsport, TN.