Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder has the following 9 expertise
- Family Planning
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Adolescent Medicine
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Dr. Folsom seemed abrupt at first, but on second visit, I realized that is because she is so efficient. She is on her game! She ordered tests right away, and prescribed medications that have finally given me some relief from my chronic back pain! So to me she is a hero. I have lost 12lbs. so that is good for my back; and with some relief I can do some of the things I have not been able to do for over a year. Am I completely fixed? No, but I am 58; so I am going to have some health issues at this point. She is good! I would highly recommend!
I had bad experiences with my pediatrician and first gp/gyn in Calvert county. Neither listened to what I told them about my symptoms and both dismissed my concerns without any examination. Dr. Folsom, on the other hand, listened to what I had to say, talked with me about my medical and family history, and tried to get at the root cause of some of the issues I was having. She's very warm and has an excellent bedside manner for general and well women visits.
Dr. Folsom sees my entire family. She is theconsumate professional and very knoledgeable and patient-oriented. Unfortunately, her office staff is completely incapable. There have been multiple occasions of my insurance company being billed for services that were never rendered, flat out lise about follow up calls, and even official paperwork thrown in the trash by an office receptionist that couldn't be bothered to call when my wife left it behind inadvertently. When we went back to retrieve it, it was pulled out of the trash and handed to her.Unfortunately, this kind of service has led me to seek care with another physician. I simply cannot continue knowing that my records, billing, and appointments are being mismanaged in this manner.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
13 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalvert Family Practice Associates, 110 Hospital Rd Ste 111, Prince Frederick, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder, MD - Family Medicine in Prince Frederick, MD, in this video.
Dr. Michelle A Folsom Elder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prince Frederick, MD.