Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle F Massie has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michelle F Massie has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michelle F Massie has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Massie is bright, energetic, engaged. And an alarmist. If you have a slightly abnormal test result, and subsequent tests show that it was a blip or anomaly, she will send you to a specialist to find out WHY that one test was abnormal. How about if she finds a mass which you cannot even feel yourself, schedules you for a round of tests the lab says are inappropriate at this point, and all tests turn out negative, no mass revealed,(phew!) but then she says you need to be checked in 3 months in case that "mass" grows? When you mention that there was nothing there, she suggests you should see a specialist/surgeon. (Honest, this happened to me.) Or if you mention you sometimes feel "a little manic" in the evening hours, she hops up and begins to suggest psychiatrists in the area and testing for bi-polar disorder. I don't know at this point if she has signed an agreement among the PAMF community to order as many tests as possible, or if she is just over-eager for a juicy diagnosis, but I have lost all faith in her as my physician. I've been jerked around enough, thank you. She's perfect for anyone out there with hypochondria.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1990
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Michelle F Massie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsSanta Cruz Medical Clinic, 1301 Mission St, Santa Cruz, CA
Dr. Michelle F Massie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.