Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle D Mifflin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michelle D Mifflin has the following 12 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Family Planning
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michelle D Mifflin has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 13
I am so glad that I do not ever have to see this provider again. Office staff have no idea what they are doing. 2 months to process a referral as an asap and they blamed the insurance. Coded everything wrong and $$$ out of pocket for routine tests because someone doesn't know their job! Doctor is careless and insensitive... Stay away
Dr. Mifflin is very knowledgable, her nurse is the kindest person in the office. However, referrals, test results, and follow ups are rarely given. If you have something seriously wrong with you this office cannot do the job. Ive wasted weeks and months trying to get in to see doctor mifflin, only to wait weeks for my referrals to be put in. My test results are never posted, and I cannot say how many times I have had to drive over to pick up an order/referral. Seriously if you are battling for your life, find a better office!! Mifflin is well overbooked and her staff doesn't care. After calling and begging for an appointment because I was bleeding from my bum, they made me wait a month, at which time referrals were to be put through and those arrived nearly 3 weeks thereafter. All I can say is I had to take those results to another doctor where I don't have to wait weeks for treatment. Its really sad.
Scheduling an appointment is possible if you want to wait a month. Once you have your appointment you will be expected to wait up to three hours and that is not a joke. Receptionist is the gatekeeper from you know where. referrals are rarely followed up on and the Doc and her nurse are over booked and over worked.
Was very curt, cut to the point of my diagnosis. However was first misdiagnosed, then when issue was reinvestigated months later I was told via phone I had cancer. I was left to build my own cancer team, follow up on referrals and was left to my own devises. Dr. Mifflin is a good doctor but frankly over booked and understaffed. As a side note the office staff are the most uncaring, dismissive people I have ever encountered. Office phone girl /receptionist is rude, and belittling. I have watched her time and again be hurtful and demeaning to elderly patients. As to my personal experience, no matter what I have called for or left a message about, she has never passed the message on even if it was urgent. For these reasons I have looked for another doctor.
Dr. Mifflin is wonderful!
17 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Michelle D Mifflin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwestern University/Family Medicine Clinic, 19389 N 59th Ave, Glendale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle D Mifflin in this video.
Dr. Michelle D Mifflin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.