Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michelle H Miyashiro
Dr. Michelle H Miyashiro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI, with another office in Aiea, HI. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Miyashiro is affiliated with Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children and Pali Momi Medical Center. Dr. Miyashiro has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Michelle H Miyashiro has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 17
I scheduled my appointment months in advance, I arrived 20 minutes early, and was kept waiting by Dr. Miyashiro for over 75 minutes (not including my arriving 20 minutes early.) She offered no explanation or apology. My time is important to me as I'm sure the doctor's is to her. I can't imagine her staff allowing me to see the doctor if I arrived over 75 minutes late for the appointment.
I like Dr. Miyashiro and think she's competent but the time spent in the waiting room is long, often an hour. The waiting room is small and crowded, after 30 or so minutes they call you to be weighed and blood pressure then return to the waiting room until treatment room available then wait for doctor. It's very stressful. I happen to believe that if you can't manage your time well then what else isn't being done well.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Miyashiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1996
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Michelle H Miyashiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michelle H Miyashiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.