Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michelle P Purvis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michelle P Purvis has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Michelle P Purvis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Purvis is a very caring physician. She is always attentive and takes the time to find out what medical issues I am dealing with and discuss the best way to handle them. There is sometimes a fairly long wait, but I know it is because each patient is getting her full attention and she is spending as much time with each of them as necessary to be sure he/she receives the best treatment possible. It is always worth the wait.
I only see her once a year and she is worth it. Great care and advice. I've had a couple of tough years, and just talking to her made me feel so much better. I had a couple of new problems but when I left I felt 100% better. She's super intelligent and gorgeous. Had to say it. The wait time was a little long and I had to leave a little early :(
I have gone in several times and the wait time is always excessive. They take you back quickly but then you spend the next hour waiting in the exam room. I also have a problem with the fact that it is hard to talk to a human when you call in. I shouldn't have to leave a message just to get an appointment. Privacy is at a premium in the office. The front desk is not in a good location for private discussions. You can also hear the nurses talking to patients on the phone giving test results. Other than these things, Dr. Purvis is a good doctor. She listens and takes all the time she needs to take care of a patient. Just wish these other issues would be addressed.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Michelle P Purvis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStoney Mesa Family Practice Inc, 1722 Hillcrest Dr, Delta, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michelle P Purvis in this video.
Dr. Michelle P Purvis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Delta, CO.